Thursday, August 16, 2012

My results are in

I know its not my day, but because my exam results came out today, last night was just a night with friends to keep me from stressing.

But I shouldn't have worried.

I got more then I needed to get to the uni I wanted and in September, I'm off.

When me and one of my friends found out we were in, we didn't do the cliche scream, we didn't jump up and down and we didn't cry.

We both just stared at the computer screen.

Because now its real, now its happening, and now we have to get ready for it.

I mean obviously, we've been getting ready in bits and pieces for a while, but now we have to pack and actually go.

I've only lived in one town in my life, and for the 18 years, its done me very well. I'm just nervous about having to learn a new town and how to get around on my own.

The main thing is to make friends, learn to cook and not break ANYTHING. No seriously, the university is very sure to tell us that :)

In response to your post Emily, I did watch the opening cermony of the olympics. And apart from the really long parade full of countries i'd never heard of (and the realisation that my parent's atlas is older then me) I really liked it.

And I'm not the kind of person who would love it because its english and I'm english. Believe me, I was already to mock it. But as soon as Rowan Atkinson started on stage, I was hooked.

I watched a huge amount of it, regardless of the fact that in the weeks prior i was getting so bored with it. You see, in England, every second advert seemed to be olympics based... for the last, like, 6 months.

So by the time it started, I wanted it to end.

But I watched the swimming, the diving, the rowing, even the BMXing and whatever I could find on.

To be frank, I now have got to the point where I'm moaning that its not on because there's no other good tv to watch.

Wasn't so sure about the closing ceremony though, but I think i've rambled quite enough.

Emily: Its great to hear about your irish dancing. I love watching it but don't have the stamina to do it myself. Keep us posted about what happens.

Samantha and Julia: I hope you guys are ok, and hope to hear from you soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment