Saturday, May 5, 2012

Getting Procrastinate-y.

Alix, I know exactly what you mean. I am incredibly worried about not being worried enough. I've got this weird kind of apathy right now. This time last year I was panicked, bursting into tears every five minutes - this year, my exams are freaking me out a little, but mostly it's just...meh.

I'm pretty sure this will be drastically different next week (my first exam is a week on thursday - English) but here is a list of the things I did today that weren't studying:
1. Went to the shop to get "essential studying supplies" (i.e - 3x diet coke, 1x Starburst)
2. Downloaded music (Got the debut albums from three Scottish indie-folk bands - The Stormy Seas, Loch Awe, and The Moth & The Mirror)
3. Dug out playstation 2 from a wardrobe and hooked it up to my TV.
4. Played playstation 2 (original sims for console, hell yeah)

Somehow, despite all the time-wasting, I still managed to get enough studying done. My procrastination methods are clearly sub-standard.

I also haven't made a youtube video in about three weeks, which I'm feeling extremely bad about. I just haven't been able to find the time and/or motivation. I have to make one tomorrow. No excuses. I have a guitar lesson in the morning so I'll film between then and lunch, and then edit at night sometime. Yeah. Plan.

Exams always make me want to take up all these bizarre hobbies. I don't know. Like, I spend so much time studying that I want to do pretty much anything that's not studying. I started making youtube videos around exam time last year. This exams, I jump from idea to idea. Last week I decided I was going to take up roller skating. I don't even know...what even was I...God. I can barely walk without falling over. (Incidentally, I googled roller skates one time and now I keep getting ads for them. Ugh.) This week I'm pretty sure I want to take up street photography. We'll see how long this one lasts.

I finally bought a prom dress. Not that prom is a thing I am particularly interested in, but, somewhat surprisingly, clothes sort of do interest me. I like looking nice, I guess. Prom is just an excuse for me to wear something pretty. (Like, I don't even know what kind of dancing you do at prom. I'm used to school ceilidhs and stuff, with country dancing and whatnot. Gah, Google, why can't you just accept that I know how to spell ceilidh? I don't need that red line, thank you very much.) But anyway: I had to take the dress to get altered (and wasn't that a nice surprise, I was afraid it would be too small for me and it ended up being too big) and I'm really in love with it - it's dark blue and floor length and awesome. I still need to find shoes. I might be interested in clothes but shoes are a grey area. I'm not very good with them since I technically take a size six and a half, so I'm never sure what size to get.

So yeah, fun and games. And now, inexplicable exhaustion is overtaking me. I bid you all the best;
Julia x

No comments:

Post a Comment