Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Getting to Knoooow Yooouuu!

Hey you guys, it's Emily!


I know that I posted this late on Wednesday night, but I probably wouldn't have done this Thursday (my actual day) after school. I have to do some studying for a test and practice a LOT on my violin (I've been slacking off the past week). So, I'm typing this now as I listen to Moonlight Sonata, my favorite Beethoven piece from childhood. Let's get this started.
SO, the topic this week (I'm assuming) is getting to know each other. I'll start off with the oh-so basics. Ahem. I'm a sophomore in high school over in the states. I have a passion for music, seeing as I play the flute, violin, and harp. Musicals are my favorite type of movie, gee what a surprise. My false English accent is atrocious, and my friends hate when I use it. Hey, it's either that or my natural Southern accent. I hate wearing socks, I suck at sports, I can't not have a song stuck in my head, I remember all of my dreams, and I pick Pepsi over Coke.
As if I couldn't get any more random.
Now, for the Best Day, Worst Day segment. YAY! Hm, I'm going to really suck at this, but I'll do my best! Huzzah! 
The best day I ever had was last year in October when I was in the mountains in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. My family had rented a huge cabin near the top of a mountain, and my uncle and aunt from Maryland came too. I hadn't seen them in 5 years or so. We all sat outside on the huge deck when it was dark out. I remember there were so many stars in the sky, it didn't seem real. I was all cozy, wrapped up in a big blanket, talking with my family. In that night, I saw six--that's right, six shooting stars! It's was more amazing than anything I've ever experienced!


Now for the worst day, I'd say it was all the way back when I was 8 years old. My stomach hurt all day long, but it progressively got worse while I was at horse-back riding lessons. Bouncing around on a giant horsey does not always make things better, especially when your stomach is flouncing around in your body. My stomach finally revolted against me on the drive home with my friend and her dad when I puked all over his car.   I threw up again as soon as I got back home. And again. And again. Damn the twenty-four hour flu. I was traumatized after that, and refused to ride with them to lessons ever again. I think back on it now and laugh, but I still have a bit of a fear of vomiting.


And as far as things hanging around my room, I have my 3ds, TFiOS (a signed copy!), some Vaseline, 4 stuffed pandas, my charcoal pencils and blending stumps for drawing, and a pair of pants. I would've taken pictures, but gosh darn I'm just too lazy this week! There will be pictures next week. 


I hope I did this well enough for a first try. Let me know what you guys have to say! Later, Alligators!


PS: Oh, and I have a Legend of Zelda joke for you guys! Why doesn't Ganondorf go on the  Internet? Because there are to many links! HA! *Slaps knee* That's gold, right there, y'all, that's freaking gold.


No comments:

Post a Comment