Monday, January 23, 2012

Rambling, I Suppose.

First things first, what happened to Friday and Sunday? As I recall, Madison left, but I don't know who else hasn't posted or what their days are. Also, should there be rules about posting? 


So, as far as I know, there's not topic for the week, so I'll assign one. This week, let's talk about one of our talents or hobbies and projects with them. For example, if you like to dance, you can talk about it and a recent dance-related project you've been doing. Does that make sense? 


My talent (I suppose) would be writing, which I had previously stated that I like. I'm not some brilliant child prodigy-type person who gets their works published by the age of sixteen. Hell, I haven't even finished a single story I've started. I always get stuck in the planning stage, and then I get bored and move onto a new project. 


The longest writing project I've accomplished, which is coincidentally the one I'm currently working on, is a story called Completely Impossible. I came up with it for a birthday present for a friend of mine, last year in May. I originally intended it to be a simple short story about horror. However, as time passed, I found that the story would be longer than a short story (although it's objective as to the length of a short story) and I'm no longer friends with the girl. With that being said, I had quit writing it, as I no longer had inspiration, deciding to just forget about writing for a while. I mean, I had school to worry about. Eventually, around this year, I started working on it again. 


What Completely Impossible is about is a guy named Toby. He finds himself in nonexistence and meets the personification of death. After being told that if he wished to return to reality, he must go and destroy a creature that cannot die. While in this creature, which is the shape of a house, Toby experiences horrors meant to torture and break him.


And that's my bit. Hope it was a good enough example for you guys to know what my topic means.


Best Wishes,
Michael.



No comments:

Post a Comment