Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Keep you happy, or keep you going?

Hey guys,

Despite being back at college and having teacher point out time and time again how close our exams are, I've had a great week.

I'm planning out the next few months of my life, week by week with enough time to get all my subjects sorted. Its taken hours already and I'm not done, but it doesn't start till next week. I must say your own revision situation Julia inspired me to do similar time frames to get it all done.

I've also spent a lot of time with my boyfriend, which always makes me slow down when I'm getting wrapped up in my college life.

Julia; thank you for your kind words on my vlog, always great to hear and I've very glad that you resolved your head girl/house captain situation.

Emily; its great to see you back regardless of the day you come back on :) Well done on your tests and all your other achievements since you've been busy. Hope your good luck continues.

Right, so I guess I need to actually make a point.

I overheard someone talking about things in their life a while back. They were going through things they thought they needed and what she had. Mostly boyfriends stuff. (Just so you know, I don't usually pry, but she was being so loud). The friend she was talking to said one of the most profound things I've heard a stranger say at our college.

"Do they keep you happy, or keep you going?"

It's something I made a note of, and then promptly forgot about till earlier today. I started to realise, its hard to define the difference. Some things feel like both and blur the lines.

Lets try something basic. Food. Keeps you going, keeps me happy. I love sitting in bed with chocolate. The little comforts in life.

Then there are other things, friends for example. There are times when you need them to keep you happy, days your not low but just need that extra smile. And then there are times you really, really need them.

I cannot tell you how many times I've texted my friends crying, asking for their help on guy issues.

The more you try to define parts of your life into either of these categories, the less it becomes possible to do.

What do you guys think, can something keep you going, without keeping you happy? Or is there anything in your lives that land in either category?

No comments:

Post a Comment