Saturday, April 21, 2012

Situation resolved.

So I handed in my head girl application.

And then I went and asked for it back.

I was sitting in physics after I'd handed it in, and I was thinking about what you said, Alix, and then someone in my class said to me "you know head prefects have to go to all the school board meetings, right?" and gosh, I certainly did not know that, and then I may have started panicking and wondering what in hell I'd gotten myself into. So the second school was over I went down and asked for my application back to "change something" on it, and then I re-handed it in yesterday, but instead of applying for head girl, I applied for house captain, which is a) less work, b) more fun, c) less competitive, and d) still looks good on a CV. So things have worked themselves out, I guess.

Alix, I watched your vlog, and I really liked it! You don't seem awkward in front of the camera at all, which is good, because that happens to loads of people when they start vlogging, like they're not sure if they're crazy or not and they're eyeing the camera like it might turn on them at any moment and maul them to death. But yeah, you don't have that problem. In terms of what to talk about, I'd say just go for something you're interested in and that you think you can make interesting or entertaining.

I woke up yesterday feeling really ill and it only got worse today, so I totally missed out on Record Store Day, which I am not pleased about in the slightest. I spent the day trying to study (I've adopted Charlie's Don't Break the Chain system for studying - four hours minimum per weekend day and two hours minimum per week night, it usually takes longer but the chart is keeping me motivated) and also reading Will Grayson, Will Grayson, which is the last John Green book I need to read in order to have finished all of them (so far).

I also bought myself a new Depeche Mode album last night and listened to it four times this morning. I love, love, love Depeche Mode. I'm not even totally sure why. I just always seem to go back to them. Now I've switched to an old We Were Promised Jetpacks album, and I just realised I'm both listening to them and also wearing a shirt I got when I saw them play live that one time (I waited five hours just so I could be at the barrier for that gig. I waited through a dubstep support band. If that's not dedication I don't know what is).

Maybe Emily is just busy? At least, I hope she's just busy.
Best wishes,
Julia x

No comments:

Post a Comment