Friday, March 16, 2012

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm SORRY!

I can't believe I skipped TWO Thursdays in a row, you guys! I don't even have an excuse, I've just forgotten. Ugh. I'm sorry. I have pictures to compensate Forgive me? I'll just fill y'all in.

So, we had MORE tornadoes down in Alabama. Gee, what a surprise there. They were during school, too, so we were all stuck sitting in the hallways. My friends from Anatomy and I all sat together and read Dr. Seuss books to each other/cuddled/made dirty jokes/went through a whole pack of gum. It was fun.

That next week, I went to Panama City Beach. We had to wake up at like, 4 in the morning to leave. Ew. But we made it there just after noon, so I guess getting up early paid off! And you guys, I have never--I mean ever--seen a family eat so unhealthily in my life. I was so disgusted (and ashamed to be American) that I took off to the nearest grocery store and bought a bag of apples, a bag of lettuce, salad dressing, and a can of healthy tomato soup. Yum. Needless to say, I'm shocked that they're not morbidly obese by now.

We spent a good chunk of time laying out on the beach. I did play badminton with Skylar, my best friend's adorable little sister. It was windy, but we had so much fun that we didn't care. We also did a huge amount of shopping, which made my inner girly self oh-so delighted. Each night before I went to bed, I would call my mama and tell her about my day. This would last anywhere from twenty minutes to an hour. Then I would pass out in like, five minutes.

Here are some pictures.

The view from our condo!

My lame amateur attempt at being a photographer.



Uh, more beach, I guess.


I also went to see Michael Flatley's Lord of the Dance. It was good, but not authentic Irish dancing, you know? And a little TOO showy for my taste, I just wanted to see good ol' Irish dancing. Oh well, I still bought the t-shirt. That means they did something right.

And I had a violin lesson today. I must say, I'm not looking forward to them as much, which isn't good since that makes me less motivated to practice. It's just that my teacher never seems to be happy, and that makes me sad! I don't want to stop seeing her just because of that, but I'm not sure. I want someone who can really motivate me and make me WANT to keep playing, isn't that alright?

So here I am, asking for advice, because I like you guys. Should I stick it out with this teacher or start looking around for another one?

I'm going to go now. See ya!

Lots of Love,
~Emily~

No comments:

Post a Comment