Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Lots of questions... did I catch them all?


So there seems to be a lot of questions flying around and stuff. I’ve just come back from an open day at one of the universities I applied to earlier this year and I still have homework to complete so this might be a little rushed.

My hobbies include writing. I’ve been writing poems and lyrics since I was about 9. There were rubbish but slowly got better. According to my parents I used to write short stories as a child too. I used to write them on folded pieces of paper and call them my books. Since then I’ve written lots of proper stories but I always felt they were quite immature because my reading taste is for my age. My friends liked them though and my sister still reads over my old stuff. Recently my main project has been a story about Angels, demons and faith. It’s kind of my take on the main religious theories. I’m not majorly religious but I have a decent amount of beliefs without fitting a certain group.

My other hobby is mostly music. I do loads of it. I write songs, record them and post them on to my youtube account. I also spend a lot of free time in college on the music recording computers, probably when I should be doing other work. Which leads me to my other project. In the summer I want to produce an album. I don’t really care if it’s mine or someone else’s but I want to be a part of it. I would prefer my songs to be used, but I’d love to get a great singer in and great musicians.

I think we’ve also been asked what we always wanted to do. And for me that was music. I was nearly always told to do science. One of my junior school teachers told my parents I would never make it in a creative career and should stick to maths or science.

Which I did. Bar taking up instruments and writing in my spare time, I dedicated and prepared myself for a career in forensic science, even though I never really saw it happening.

I’d like to say there was a defining moment for my change in career to music technology, but I think the closest to that was when my parents brought me a USB microphone after my GCSE exams. I loved it, recording my songs, being able to share them.

I expressed the want to do this for the rest of my life with a close friend who I sent my demos too to ask his opinion. He told me to go for it and I decided that I should look into it.

To cut the story short, I have now applies for 5 musical courses and have been offered places at all of them. The one I really want to go to has a song writing module which I’m so excited about.

But I managed to get around my parents want for me to be a Dr of science and pushed my passion for music that has been my whole life. And I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Another question I think we were asked was if we have a trade mark look or piece of clothing. Not really for me. However, I do love black lace top. I’m also known for bright make up. Pink and blue eye shadows and even once a rainbow on each. And according to my friends, they know me from afar because of my red hair and long black coat. I guess that’s kind of a trademark for me.

I wont post any questions myself but I think I answered them all. Ok, work and then bed for me I think. I am shattered.

Look forward to reading all your posts :D

Alix

No comments:

Post a Comment