Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wow, I listen to a lot of bands


Hey guys, how are you all?

My life has pretty much become me waiting for my exam results next Thursday :S and I really don’t want them back.

But anyway, Julia asked about our music tastes and I don’t have a lot else to talk about so I might join in.

Between the ages between 10 and 14 my music taste was basically McFly. A little Busted and V. But mostly McFly but I loved it.

Recently, my music taste changed a lot. I now listen to a lot wider range. From Twin Atlantic (who you should check out Julia, awesome Scottish band I don’t think you mentioned) to Bullet for my Valentine.

I like bands like the Ready Set, who I would describe as more ‘Dancy’ then most of my music and I really really like NeverShoutNever. Chris Drew (their lead singer) really inspires me with his lyrics. Youmeatsix, Kids in Glass Houses and Paramore are also awesome.

I also had an obsession with a band called Secondhand Serenade for a long time. It got to the point where I almost expected men to be just like him. Dissapointed me a little when I found out that most aren’t.

80s bands and Motown also play heavily in my music collection, mostly from my mother. Tears for Fears is awesome as well as people like Blondie.

I like a range of female singers too, Christina Perri, Kelly Clarkson and others.

But the vast majority of my music now is youtube and unsigned bands. Alex Day’s album Parrot Stories got me through one of my break-ups and without it I wouldn’t have been as strong after. Mike Lombardo has a good few songs on my phone’s MP3 player.

In a later blog post I may post some links to some of the best unsigned ones I know but I love discovering new artist and youtube and other social media is the best way for me to do this.

Anyway, hope everyone’s really good and talk soon.

Alix

No comments:

Post a Comment